DENVER OMELETTE AND HASHBROWNS
Makes 1 serving… Have a friend? Double the recipe…Have a posse? Multiply and have a Brunch Party!
- Terra Vegane Egg-Free Omelett Mix
- 1/4 Medium-Sized Onion, diced
- 2 Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 Large Potato
- Salt, Pepper, Granulated Garlic Powder– according to taste.
- Small amount of Oil
- Toast & Margarine (optional)
- Ketchup (optional…. or is it?)
- Add the mushroom, peppers, and onion to a non-stick pan on medium high heat. Optional: use a little oil.
- Mix the Terra Vegane Egg-Free Omelett mix as according to package with water. Between 40-80g Omelett Mix will make a decent sized omelette.
- Pour the prepared omelette mix evenly over the veggies in the pan. Do not stir the mixture in the pan!
- Let cook for 3 or more minutes– until the bottom of the omelette is cooked and the top is no longer liquid. At this point, it should be easy to slide a spatula under the omelette, and it should all stay together– if not, let cook longer.
- Flip and cook on other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Once water is boiling, drop in the whole potato.
- Boil potato for 10-12 minutes. It should be a little soft, but not fully cooked (still a little raw).
- Remove potato from water and let cool down for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. *Tip: make some extra potatoes, you may want more hash browns sooner than you think!
- Once potato is cold, shred using a hand grater.
- Heat a pan with some oil.
- Add shredded potato to pan, sprinkling on loosely– do not pack or press.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes, or until you can see the bottom side become golden/brown. They should stick together at this point.
- Drizzle a small amount of oil on the top of the hash browns, and flip.
- Sprinkle the top with salt, pepper and granulated garlic powder, and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
Plate the Egg-Free Denver Omelett, and Hash browns, garnish with toast, fruit, ketchup, hot sauce, or whatever else you think they might do in Denver before devouring this delicious diner-staple.